Saturday, March 2, 2013

First Impressions



For my gaming group's meeting tonight we tried a practice run of the ruleset I'm working on. Neither of my buddies had played anything resembling a tabletop wargame before so it was an interesting experience! I started off with the basics, how to move, determine whose turn it was, how to shoot, using 4 models a side. By the end of the night both guys felt comfortable using several differently configured fire teams, independent characters and with the idea of objective based missions. I'm really quite pleased with how this initial trial went. While there is still a ton of work left to do before I have the expansive skirmish campaign ruleset I want, I have to say I couldn't have been happier with how smoothly tonight went.

No comments:

Post a Comment